Cheese, Ham and Tomato Croustades….
- 100g sliced or grated Cathedral City Mature
- 12 medium slices of bread, white or brown
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 100g smoked ham, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 400ºF, 200ºC (Fan-assisted180ºC).
- Cut 9cm circles out of the bread slices (or large enough to fit into a 12-hole bun tin).
- Mix the melted butter and mustard.
- Brush this mixture over the bread circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Divide the ham and Cathedral City over the bread bases.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with the chives and black pepper.
- Return the tin to the oven for a further 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are soft.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo credits- Cathedral City