A great recipe to stay trim for Christmas or if you are going to over indulgence during the festive come the New Year, many of us will be trying to turn over a new leaf to shed the extra pounds gained and embark on a slimming or healthier diet.
However, the majority of people who start complicated and often expensive diets soon find them difficult to keep. So what’s the answer?
It’s a matter of cutting back on fat and oils in your cooking.
Every time you swap a tablespoon of oil for 4 – 6 sprays of FryLight you save over 100 calories. Simple.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
You will need:
- FryLight® Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 or 2 green chillies, split lengthways
- 150g reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400g cooked chicken breast fillet in tikka style
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Spray a non-stick frying pan10 times with FryLight® then heat up and add the ginger and garlic and cook over a medium low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and sugar, then allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until thick and pulpy.
- Press through a sieve into a bowl to make a thick smooth purée.
- Re-heat the frying pan, spray with FryLight® 8 times then add the onion and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the spices (except garam masala) with 6 tbsp water and stir over a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock and chilli and bring to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minute, stirring form time to time.
- Whisk in the yogurt and garam masala and when smooth, add the chicken, cook gently for 5 minutes, season with a little salt if needed.
- Scatter over the coriander leaves before serving.
- For a mild sauce, remove the seeds from the chilli
Nutritional data per portion:
- 30g protein;
- 3.5g fat of which
- 0.5g saturated fat;
- 10.5g carbs;
2g fibre GI rating: Green
Recipe and photo credit by – FryLight