Chocolate Macaroon filled with Milk Chocolate Ganache….
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30min
- 4 Medium egg whites
- 250g Caster sugar
- 50g Cocoa powder (sieved)
- 250g Good quality milk chocolate
- 400g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
Method for Meringues:
- Line two flat baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric hand whisk or machine whisk at high speed, whisk the egg whites and half of the sugar until thick.
- Turn the speed of the whisk down a little and gradually add in the rest of sugar.
- You should be left with a very thick and shiny mixture.
- Fold the sieved cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Fill a piping bag (with a star shaped nozzle) with the meringue mixture
- Holding the piping bag upright, carefully pipe 5cm rosettes (see picture), approx 5cm apart on to the baking trays.
- Bake the meringues gently in a pre heated oven until dry to touch (275F, 140 degrees Celsius, and Gas Mark 1).
- Once the meringues are ready, take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
- (Store in an air tight container, NOT in the fridge.
Method for Ganache:
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water.
- When the chocolate is melted, whisk in the yoghurt and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Using star shaped nozzle and piping bag, pipe a generous amount of ganache in between two meringues.
- Sandwich together and dust with cocoa powder for garnish.
- You can also use dark chocolate or white chocolate in your ganache – depending on your taste.
- For a more indulgent taste, try adding splash of brandy to your ganache.
- White chocolate also works really well with Malibu.
Recipe and photo credit by-Total Greek Yoghurt