Chocolate Peanut Muesli Slice..
Suitable for vegetarians, Egg Free, Soy Free
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Makes 12 bars:
- 200g / 7oz Essential chocberry porridge mix
- 100g / 3 ½ oz Essential superfood muesli
- 60g / 2oz dried cherries
- 2tbsp Essential desiccated coconut
- 60g / 2oz Essential Chocolate drops
- 2tsp ground flaxseed
- 1tsp xanthum gum
- 115g / 4oz Essential coconut oil
- 75g / 3oz Essential peanut butter
- 250g /9 oz pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a tray bake tin with baking parchment, approximately 20cm by 28cm (8inch by 11inch).
- Place the chocberry mix, superfood muesli, coconut, chocolate drops, flaxseed and xanthum gum in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the coconut oil and peanut butter in a pan and warm gently to melt the coconut.
- Place the dates in a blender or food processor with the melted coconut and process to form a thick paste.
- Stir into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until completely combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tin using the back of a spoon and your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin completely before cutting into slices
- Calories: 326kcal
- Protein: 6.1g
- Total Fat: 17.7g of which saturates 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g of which sugars 21.4g
- Calories: 441kcal
- Protein: 8.2g
- Total Fat: 23.9g of which saturates 14.5g
- Carbohydrates:49g of which sugars 28.9g
Guest Post Credits- Essential Trading Coop