Prep time- 10 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
Refrigeration time- 3 hours minimum
Serves: 6-8 glasses
- 1 pint Milk
- 5 Egg yolks
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 300g TOTAL 2% Greek Yoghurt
- 50ml Brandy
- Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk with the seeds of the vanilla pod.
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the boiled milk to the egg mixture and return to a moderate heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Heat and stir until the mixture thickens slightly (just enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Remove from the heat and place into a new bowl.
- Allow to cool before covering the bowl and refrigerating until the eggnog has cooled.
- 2 min prior to serving, mix in the yoghurt and brandy, and ladle the mixture into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a sprinkling of ground nutmeg.
- To lower the fat content of this recipe, you can use skimmed milk and TOTAL 0% Greek Yoghurt.
- Whisky also works well in this recipe as an alternative to brandy.
Recipe and photo credit by- Total Greek Yoghurt