Fancy trying this Orange Soufflé recipe out?
- 110g Caster Sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 45g Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 250ml Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoons Orange Liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 5 Egg Whites
- Sifted Icing Sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan.
- Grease 6 individual ovenproof soufflé dishes.
- Sprinkle bases and sides with extra sugar.
- Shake out excess.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on high heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in milk until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Whisk in yolks and liqueur.
- Using an electric beater, beat egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Fold egg whites gently through yolk mixture.
- Pour into prepared dishes and bake for 7 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit by – Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa