Cornish Rum Nickys…
Time: prep time, 15 minutes
Cook time, 30-35 minutes
- 375g pack ready prepared sweet dessert pastry
- 200g dates, chopped
- 100g preserved ginger in syrup, chopped
- 100g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Rodda’s Clotted Cream
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry and cut into ten 8cm rounds, press into 10 holes of a muffin tin.
- Add the chopped dates and ginge.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, whisk in the rum and spoon this mixture over the dates and ginger.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut into 10 x 6cm rounds, place on top and seal the edges.
- Make a slit in the centre and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 180oC, gas mark 4 and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool slightly before removing from the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve warm with clotted cream.
Recipe and photo credit by- Rodda’s