Creamy Chickpea And Coriander Soup….
293cals per portion
6.5g fat per portion of which 0.5g fat
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Better than Butter FryLight
- 1 Large Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x 400g Cans chickpeas, drained
- 50g Long grain rice
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 150g carton 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- Small handful chopped coriander
- Warm a large saucepan, spray 12 times with FryLight, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Reserve a quarter of the chickpeas, add the rest to the pan with the rice, turmeric, cayenne, lemon zest and juice and the stock.
- Bring to simmer then cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- In two batches blend the soup with the yogurt until smooth, if wished the soup can be passed through a sieve if a smoother soup is preferred.
- Return to the saucepan to re-heat gently.
- Heat a small frying pan, spray 10 times with FryLight then add the reserved chickpeas and cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through and beginning to take on colour.
- Stir the chopped coriander into the soup and serve with the re-heated chickpeas as a garnish.
Recipe and photo credit by- FryLight