Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls.
Great for a coffee lover.
How To Make Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls:
Makes 2 large ones or 3 smaller ones
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 2-3 hours plus cooling
- 3 large egg whites,
- 175g equal quantities of caster sugar and icing sugar, sifted together
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp Douwe Egberts Pure Gold coffee, sifted finely using a tea strainer
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts, (optional)
Plus topping of your choice. Strawberries and cream?
Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls Method:
- In a grease-free mixing bowl using an electric whisk, whisk up the egg whites until the mixture stands in stiff glossy peaks.
- Gradually fold in the sugars and salt a table spoon at the time.
- Continue whisking until very stiff and shiny.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Fold the coffee into the meringue to give a marbled effect, Using two spoons make either 2 or 3 even sized meringues and sprinkle over nuts if using.
- Bake in the oven 110C or gas mark 1/4 for 2- 3 hours until crisp and firm, (the longer you cook them the crispier they will be in the centre) but still white in colour.
- Cool on a tray.
- Peel off the parchment paper and serve, Store the cooked meringues in an air tight-box.
What do you think of these Douwe Egberts Coffee Snow Balls
Recipe and photo credit by sent to me by- Douwe Egberts
You Might Also Like:
11 Coffee Recipes For International Coffee Day.
How To Make Iced Gaelic Coffee:
A yummy treat for Saturday night. Or any night of the week really! Give this favourite tipple a makeover by serving it chilled!
This recipe would be great to serve at any Christmas parties.
Ground coffee, sugar, Whiskey and double cream, how tasty!? Yum, yum!
How To Make Iced Gaelic Coffee: Coffee And Irish Whisky.
Coffee Lovers Christmas Gift Guide.