Douwe Egberts Mocha and Nut Blondies…
Prep Time 15-20 minutes
Cooking time 20-30 minutes
- 50g shelled Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped, tossed in a little plain flour shaking off any residue
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Douwe Egberts Inspirations Brazilian Samba coffee , dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur (optional)
- 75g white chocolate drops , tossed in a little plain flour, shaking off any residue
For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Douwe Egberts Brazilian Samba coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- A little icing sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
- Base line with parchment paper and grease a 18 x25x 3cm cake tin.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a pan over a gently heat until the sugar just starts to dissolve.
- Remove from the heat and allow to get cool.
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, vanilla, coffee and liqueur if using.
- Stir in the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the butter and eggs to the flour and stir until evenly mixed together.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate drops folding into the mixture evenly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- When cold place onto a chopping board.
- Remove and discard the parchment paper.
- Mix the icing sugar and coffee together adding a little extra drop of water to make a thick pipable consistency.
- Put the icing into a piping bag fitted with a small writing nozzle and drizzle over the cake.
- Cut the cake in 12 even pieces.
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by- Douwe Egberts