Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 50g long grain rice
- 450g skinless white fish, eg cod, haddock, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemon grass bulb, outside removed and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or use light soy sauce)
- Fry Light Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Cook the rice until tender, rinse, drain and cool.
- Put into food processor with the fish, half of the chilli, lemon grass, 2 tsp lime juice, egg, garlic, coriander, and fish sauce.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- Turn into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make the ginger dipping sauce by mixing together the remainder of the chilli with ginger, sugar, light soy sauce, 1 tbsp lime juice and 3 tbsp water.
- With wet hands divide the fish mixture into 12 small cakes.
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat, when hot spray 8 times with Fry Light, then add half of the fish cakes, cook 4-5 minutes each side until golden and firm.
- Remove and re-spray the pan, then cook the second batch.
- Serve the fishcakes with the dipping sauce of your choice which can be spooned over the fishcakes.
- Nutritional data per portion: cals 182; fat 3g, of which saturates 0.5g; protein 24g; carbs 14g; fibre 0.3g.
- GI rating: Green
Recipe and photo credit by- FryLight