Lubina a la sartén con aceitunas, piquillos y fino. (Pan-fried sea bass with Spanish olives, piquillo peppers and dry Sherry)…
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 4 150g pieces of sea bass
- 1 tin of piquillo peppers
- 1 handful of Spanish Caperberries
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100ml of Spanish olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 small glass of dry Fino sherry
- 1 tin of pitted black Spanish olives
- 2 sprigs of flat parsley
- Wash and pat dry your sea bass fillets and put to one side to pan fry later.
- Open the tin of piquillo peppers, cut them in half and remove any seeds.
- Drain the caperberries and olives and put these aside also.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves and onion, then add half of the olive oil to a hot pan and fry over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the piquillo peppers and sauté for a further 30 seconds, before adding the purple Spanish olives and caperberries and sauté again.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a splash of Fino. Let the alcohol burn and sprinkle a touch of finely chopped parsley into the pan. Taste the seasoning and alter if needed.
- Take a separate non-stick pan and place over a high heat and pour in a touch of Spanish olive oil.
- Score the skin of the sea bass through and then pan fry skin side down until ¾ done, turn over, season the skin with some salt flakes and cook for one more minute.
- Spoon the Spanish olive sauce on to a plate and place the sea bass on the top, drizzle over a touch of olive oil to finish.
Guest Post Credits- Omar Allibhoy for Olives from Spain Olives From Spain