Luxury Bread Sauce….
A great classic British sauce.
Beautifully creamy, it’s the perfect accompaniment to chicken or turkey.
Prep time: 45mins
Cooking time:15 mins
- 1 Loaf white bread with crusts removed and chopped into small pieces
- 250mg TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Fresh bay leaves
- 1 tsp White peppercorns
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 30g Butter
- 1 Fresh nutmeg, for grating
- Pour the milk into a saucepan.
- Press a clove into each half of the onion and add to the milk.
- Add the bay leaves and peppercorns along with the salt and bring to the mixture almost to its boiling point.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cover with a lid and let the ingredients infuse for at least half an hour.
- Remove the onions, peppercorns and bay leaves from milk and add the bread to the saucepan.
- Cook for around 15 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Just before serving the bread sauce, add the butter and the yoghurt to the saucepan and stir.
- Season to taste.
- Grate over some nutmeg and loosely mix, adding more once you have poured the bread sauce into a warmed bowl or gravy boat.
Recipe and photo credit by- Total Greek Yoghurt