Marco’s Turkey Steaks with Sage and Onion Stuffing…
- Turkey steaks
- Oil for greasing
- 4 turkey breast steaks
- 100g/4oz prepared sage and onion stuffing, cooled
- 100g/4oz sausage meat
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of watercress to garnish
For the sherry jus:
- 200ml/7floz rich sherry
- 2 tsp concentrated liquid beef stock
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6. place turkey steaks on a lightly oiled large baking tray.
- Mix the made-up stuffing, sausage meat, shallots, herbs and pepper.
- Top each turkey steak with stuffing pressing lightly to cover .
- Smooth over the stuffing with water using your fingertips.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes or until the turkey has cooked through.
- Bring half the sherry to the boil and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the remaining sherry, return to the boil then simmer until reduced by half again.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the stock. Gradually whisk in the butter until blended.
- Return to the heat and simmer, stirring, until the jus has thickened slightly.
- Serve the turkey steaks with cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, caramelised baby onions and chestnuts and cranberry sauce.
- Spoon over the sherry jus and garnish with sprigs of watercress.
Recipe and photo credit by – Lean On Turkey