Marinated French Goat’s Cheese Mini Log anyone?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
No cooking time
Marinating time 1 hour – 1 week+
Fills 2x300ml jars
- 4x 200g French goat’s cheese mini log (Make sure they are firm but still young)
- 4 large dried or fresh red chillies
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp pink pepper corns
- Rind of 1 lemon removed with a peeler
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 400mls Hazelnut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by slicing each mini log into 4 slices and placing 8 slices into each jar.
- Place all the ingredients for the marinade into a saucepan and pour over the oil.
- Heat to about 60oC and turn off the heat.
- Leave to cool completely before pouring over the sliced French goat’s cheese mini log.
- Evenly distribute the herbs and chillies between the jars.
- Seal and place into the fridge for up to a week.
To serve :
- Take the cheese out of the infused oil (which may have solidified but don’t worry) and serve with some grilled bread, a few olives and some marinated peppers.
- You can also place the cheese on some lovely crusty bread and toast it for a really interesting twist on cheese on toast.
French goat’s cheese mini log is available from all good supermarkets.
Recipe and photo credits– French Goats Cheese