Whirlpool’s microwave recipe….
Here is a recipe for a delicious Christmas pudding packed with fruits and spices.
This version is slightly lighter than a traditional pudding – perfect if you haven’t much room left after the turkey.
This recipe would normally steam for some hours, but in the Max microwave will cook for just 30 minutes. Think of all the energy saved!!
- 150g currants
- 150g raisins
- 150g sultanas
- 125g whole glace cherries
- 25g glace ginger
- 75g whole, blanched almonds
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 150ml brandy (if you want to make this non-alcoholic, add 150ml more of fresh orange juice)
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 150g butter – at room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix all the fruit, nuts and zest together in a large bowl.
- Add the brandy and the juice of the orange, cover and allow to soak overnight.
- Place all the further ingredients into another bowl and beat together well for a few minutes.
- Add all the fruit and any remaining liquid and fold together.
- Grease a 1.5 litre pudding basin with a little butter.
- Line the base of the pudding basin with a small round of greaseproof paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared bowl.
- Cover with cling film.
- Pierce the cling film four or five times with the point of a sharp knife.
- Cook on Power level -350W for 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a sprig of holly to decorate.
- Serve with custard, cream, ice cream or brandy butter.
Guest Post Credits- Whirlpool