Chicken Satay Sticks are always a firm favourite at any party and perfect for any Christmas celebrations.
Alternatively you can make using turkey, beef or prawns, and if you like your food a little hotter add more sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 16 sticks
- 2 – 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 150g Thai Taste Satay Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Shredded spring onion and red chilli, to garnish
- Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 long slices lengthways and then in half horizontally to give you 16 pieces.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and add 100g satay sauce and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Toss until the chicken is evenly covered.
- Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken in a zigzag onto the bamboo skewer.
- Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 4-6 minutes turning occasionally or until cooked through.
- Serve the satay sticks with a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkled with the shredded spring onion and chilli, alongside the remaining satay sauce as a dip.
Recipe and photo credit by- Thai Taste