Mini Vodka and Blackberry Jellies…
Fun for parties…
Vodka glasses needn’t be just for drinking from, fill with this delicious softly set, fruity vodka jelly for a great party pud topped with softly whipped cream.
Serves 8Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
- 225 g (8 oz) blackberries
- Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) water
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine or 7 g (1/3 oz)
- 6 tablespoons vodka
- 50 g (2 oz) blackberries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) double cream
- Add the blackberries, lemon rind and juice, sugar and water to a medium sized saucepan, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the gelatine sheets to a shallow dish, pour over cold water to just cover then leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the fruit out of the pan with a draining spoon and transfer to 8, 100 ml (3½ fl oz) vodka shot glasses.
- Drain the gelatine and add the softened sheets to the warm fruit juice, stir until dissolved.
- Mix in the vodka.
- Pour over the fruit in the glasses, leave to cool then transfer to the fridge for 3-4 hours or until set.
- When almost ready to serve make the blackberry cream by mashing the blackberries on a plate with the sugar, using a fork.
- Softly whip the cream in a bowl until it just holds its shape then fold in the blackberries until marbled together.
- Spoon over the set jellies and serve.
Recipes and photo credits- Seasonal Berries