Fancy trying this Mulled Wine recipe out?
- 1 large orange
- 125g/4 ½ oz caster sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- 2 bottles red wine
- 50ml/2floz brandy
- 200g/7oz mixed berries
- Pare the zest off the orange in thin strips and squeeze the juice.
- Place the orange zest and juice in a large saucepan with the sugar, spices and vanilla pod.
- Add just enough red wine to cover the ingredients.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until the wine has reduced and become syrupy.
- Add the rest of the wine, brandy and the mixed berries.
- Gently simmer for 2 minutes, do not boil. Serve in heatproof glasses.
Recipe and photo credit by- Seasonal Berries