Pesto Butterbean Burgers..
Suitable for vegetarians, Suitable for vegans, Soy-Free, Seed-Free
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Cooked burgers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze the burgers uncooked for 1 month.
Makes 8 burgers:
- 2 x 410g cans butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Essential pesto e.g. red pesto or rocket pesto
- 115g / 4oz wholemeal breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wholemeal buns, salad leaves and sliced tomato to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7.
- Place the beans and pesto in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the breadcrumbs, garlic and onion and process lightly to combine.
- Leave some texture in the mixture.
- Season with black pepper.
- Using damp hands shape the mixture into 8 burgers.
- Place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve in little buns with sliced tomato and salad leaves.
- Per burger (without roll)
- Calories: 137kcal
- Protein: 6.8g
- Total Fat: 3.5g of which saturates 0.1g
- Carbohydrates 19.5g
- Per 100g (without roll)
- Calories: 134kcal
- Protein: 6.6g
- Total Fat 3.4g of which saturates 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1g
Recipe and photo credit by- Essential Trading