Roast Beef with Cranberry and Port…
- Lean boned and rolled beef sirloin, rib or topside joint.
- Allow100-175g (4-6oz) of raw meat per person for boneless and 225-350g (8-12oz) for bone-in joints
- 900g (2lbs) Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 Red onions, peeled and halved
- 8-10 Garlic cloves
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Oil
- 150ml (¼pt) Port
- 4x15mlsp (4tbsp) Cranberry sauce
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Gravy granules
- Pre -heat the oven 180c
- Take your chosen joint and calculate the cooking time using the timings on your meat.
- Place onto a rack in a roasting tin and open roast for the calculated cooking time.
- Approximately 50-60 minutes before the end of cooking time add the potatoes, onions and garlic cloves to the roasting tin or in a separate tray and drizzle with the oil (the quantity will serve about 6).
- After 30 minutes, remove the garlic.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and place in a saucepan.
- Add the port and cranberry sauce.
- Heat until the cranberry sauce has melted.
- Twenty minutes before the end of the cooking time, glaze the joint with a couple of spoonfuls of the glaze.
- Repeat during the last 10 minutes.
- When the joint is cooked remove from the roasting tin and add 300ml (½pt) water or stock to the pan, stirring to remove any crispy bits.
- Add to the saucepan with the remaining glaze, bring to the boil and add the gravy granules.
- Heat for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
Recipe and photo credit by – Meat And Health