Sticky Rice, Mango and Palm Syrup…
This is such a delicious and easy dessert. It could also be served with spiced stewed plums in the autumn and a selection of summer berries in summer time.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 200g Thai Taste Thai Sticky Rice
- 225ml Thai Taste Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 – 2 ripe mangoes
- 8 lychees, peeled and stoned (optional)
For the Palm Syrup:
- 100g Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- 4-5 mint leaves plus a few leaves to decorate
- Put the rice and 300ml of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Mix together the coconut milk with the palm sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add to the warm rice, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Peel the mangoes and cut off the two outer cheeks of each fruit, as close to the stones as possible.
- Discard the stones and slice each mango cheek into thin slices.
- For the palm syrup, place the palm sugar, mint and 50ml water into a small pan and boil for 3-4 minutes, until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Allow to cool slightly and remove the mint leaves.
- Spoon the rice into a darole mould or a coffee cup.
- Press lightly and turn out onto a plate to create a mound of rice.
- Top with the mango slices and lychees, drizzle with the palm syrup and decorate with mint leaves.
Guest Post Credits- Thai Taste.