Sweet potato and white chocolate cake….
- 4 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 250g self-raising flour
- 250g sweet potatoes
- 150g white chocolate callets (or chopped into small chunks)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line two (2lb) loaf tins with silicone paper.
- Place the oil in a bowl add half the chocolate and place on top of a pan of boiling water stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and add the sugar.
- Puree the raw sweet potatoes in a food processor.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the sweet potatoes puree.
- Add the vanilla, oil and chocolate.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well, add the rest of the white chocolate.
- Pour into the loaf tins.
- Place in the oven and cook for approx 50 minutes to one hour or until cooked.
- (To check if the cake is cooked, insert a wooden cocktail stick into it, if it comes out dry to the touch the cake is cooked).
- Leave to cool down, slice and serve.
- Why not frost the cake with a yogurt frosting or add some ginger or orange as an extra flavouring to the cake
Recipe and photo credits- Love Sweet Potatoes