Thai Green Curry Fish Pie anyone?
This East-meets-West recipe is a mouthwatering original dish.
Either make four small pot pies or one large pie.
How To Make An Thai Green Curry Fish Pie:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 1 large or 4 small pies
- Thai Taste Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- 200g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 400g firm white fish such as haddock or cod, cubed
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 – 4 tbsp Thai Taste Green Curry Paste
- 400ml Thai Taste Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Thai Taste Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 sheet puff pastry, fresh or thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
Thai Green Curry Fish Pie Method:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the prawns.
- Cook until just turned pink and remove from the pan.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and add a little more oil.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms, and cook for a couple of minutes until the shallots are soft and mushrooms lightly browned.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the fish and prawns to the pan and stir to coat with the curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, Fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Set one of the pie dishes upside down onto the sheet and cut a circle about 1cm larger than the dish.
- Repeat four times.
- Divide the fish mixture between the pie dishes.
- Brush the dish edge with water and place a pastry lid over the top of each dish, pressing firmly onto the pastry rims to seal.
- Cut some holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg, then bake for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- (If making one large pie cook for 20- 25 minutes).
- Serve the pies hot with a selection of vegetables.
Recipe and photo credit by – Thai Taste
You Might Also Like:
14 Curry Recipes To Warm You Up This Autumn.