Guest post today:
Trufas de chocolate y aceitunas españolas (Chocolate and Spanish olive truffles)…
Preparation time: Approximately 6 hours
You will need:
- 150g double cream
- 220g of 70% dark chocolate
- 1 orange zest
- 50g of black pitted Spanish olives
- 40g of butter
- Take 150g of black olives and blend them into a rough paste with a food processor.
- Place a medium sized pot with the double cream over a low heat.
- When this is almost at boiling point, turn off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate, orange zest and the olive pate.
- Mix the truffle mixture well with a spatula until you have a smooth texture.
- The mix should still be warm, now add the chopped butter to give extra shine and silkiness to the truffles mix.
- Cover the pot with cling film and cool down in the fridge for 5-7 hours for the mix to harden so that you can shape it into balls later on.
- Once cool and hard, it’s time to make little balls with your hands, shape the mixture and then coat them with cocoa powder.
- I recommend placing them back in the fridge to enjoy them cold, as they take longer to melt in your mouth!
Guest Post Credits- Omar Allibhoy for Olives from Spain Olives From Spain