Looking for a dinner recipe?
Want to try out this Turkey Casserole?
Step one: Prepare your usual casserole.
Step two: Swap turkey breast for your usual lean beef sirloin or lamb shoulder and cut up to 161 calories plus 17g of fat*
- 500g cooked turkey breast, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g carrots/celery, chopped
- 600ml chicken stock
- 200g potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Gravy browning
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Fry chopped onion, carrots and celery until softened.
- Add chicken stock and seasoning.
- Place in an ovenproof container and add cubed potatoes.
- Cover and cook in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove dish from oven and add the cooked turkey and frozen vegetables.
- Return to oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, thicken the mixture with corn flour and add a little gravy browning.
Guest Post Credits- Lean On Turkey