Fancy trying out this Turkey Chilli Con Carne recipe?
- 45ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 700g turkey thigh mince
- 15ml chilli powder
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 30ml tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300ml water
- 300g rice
- Guacamole or sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic.
- Stir and soften over a steady heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey mince and brown.
- Add the chilli powder, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, crumble in the stock cube and add 300ml water.
- Stir to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml of boiling water, add a good pinch of salt, stir to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, cover the leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole or sour cream
Recipe and photo credit by -Lean On Turkey