Turkey Meatballs With Tomatoe Sauce…
- 700g/1lb 9oz turkey thigh mince
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumb
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- Fresh parsley sprigs to garnish
- Place the turkey thigh mince in a large bowl.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs, eggs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 16 and form into meatballs using wetted hands.
- Allow the meatballs to rest for 20 minutes in a cool place.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic, cover and allow to sweat for 10 minutes over a gentle heat until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the sauce in a food blender and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, reheat and season to taste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the meatballs and fry until lightly browned all over.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with rice and garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Recipe and photo credit by – Lean On Turkey