Turkey and Stuffing Arancini
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Per serving: 570kcals, 19.4g fat, 3.4g saturated fat
- 100g cooked British turkey, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions peeled and finely chopped
- 350g Arborio risotto rice
- 100g cooked stuffing, finely chopped
- 1 glass white wine
- 750-800mls boiling turkey or chicken stock
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
For the coating:
- 4 eggs beaten
- 350g dried breadcrumbs
- Place the oil into a pan and heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add the rice and stuffing and stir.
- Then add the wine and cook until evaporated or absorbed into the rice and stuffing.
- Gradually add the boiling stock, stirring all the time, until the rice is just cooked and nice and thick.
- Remove from the stove, add the turkey, salt and pepper, mix well, then refrigerate.
- Once chilled mould small amounts into the size of a large marble.
- Roll each one in flour, beaten egg then the breadcrumbs, and then chill again.
- Deep fry in oil with a temp of 175°C, in small batches and serve warm.
Recipe and photo credit by- British Turkey