Warmed Eggnog Or A Hot Buttered Rum?….
Which would you choose?
|Tom Jolly, Head Barman at The Montcalm Hotel|
Ingredients (for one)
- 1 Egg Yolk (25ml pasteurised egg yolk)
- ½ a vanilla pod
- 2 tea spoons of white sugar
- 40ml of Bombay sapphire
- 150ml Steamed milk
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 Grind of salt
- Steam milk as you would for a latte.
- To steamed milk and egg yolk, grind of salt (to break down egg), white sugar and ½ a split vanilla pod.
- Then Whisk with a fork thoroughly.
- Into a Latte Glass/Toddy glass pour your gin then top with Eggnog mix.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and Xmas Wishes.
|Hot Buttered Rum|
Hot Buttered Rum:
- 2 Table Spoons of butter
- 2 Table Spoons of brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 40 ml Bacardi 8 or Bacardi oro Rum
- Almost boiling water
- Mix butter, sugar, and spices (optional and can use which ever you like) until you have a paste.
- nto a suitable cup or mug add the Rum and Butter mix.
- Top with hot water.
- Stir and serve.
Recipe and photo credit by- Tom Jolly, Head Barman at The Montcalm Hotel –Montcalm