Almond Cookies with Cherry Yogurt Icing…
Makes around 20 cookies
- 175g organic plain flour
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 50g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp organic cherry yogurt
- 50g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas mark 5.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and add to the flour, rubbing in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, almonds and half the yogurt.
- Grease two baking trays and place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays, pressing down to form thick cookie shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes until golden-brown, then turn out to cool on a wire rack.
- Sieve the icing sugar and mix in the remaining yogurt, adding more if necessary, to make a runny icing.
- Ice the biscuits using a teaspoon or palette knife and leave to set.
For Valentine’s Day cookies:
- Roll out the dough and cut into heart shapes, bake as before and make the icing slightly thicker by adding an extra 35–50 g icing sugar.
Recipe and photo credits- Why I Love Organic