Almond Heart-Shaped Biscuits…
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Baking Time 12 minutes
Portions For 15-20 biscuits
- 100 grams Softened Butter unsalted
- 100 grams Silver Spoon White Caster Sugar
- 1 Happy Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Silver Spoon Create Natural Almond Extract
- 275 grams Allinson Nature Friendly Plain White Flour
For the decoration:
- 400 grams Royal Icing Sugar
- Silver Spoon Create Pink Food Colour
- Sugar Flowers
- For the biscuits: heat the oven to 190C,375F, gas 5.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and mix to a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1 cm|1/2″ thick.
- Using heart shaped cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-12 minutes, until pale golden.
- Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes to firm up, then place on a wire rack to cool.
For the icing:
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in water as directed on the packet to create a smooth mixture.
- Stir in the food colouring.
- Carefully spread the icing on the biscuits and place a sugar flower on each biscuit before the icing sets.
Recipe and photo credits- Baking Mad