Andalusian Stuffed Tomatoes…
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 6 Large tomatoes
- 100g Fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 50g Manchego cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Thyme, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 140°C / 275°F / gas Mark 1
- Halve the tomatoes diagonally.
- Using a small teaspoon remove the seeds and juice and reserve.
- Place the breadcrumbs and parsley into a small bowl and add the reserved tomato juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the breadcrumb mix and thyme and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in half the cheese and place the mixture into the halved tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.