Baby strawberry mousses.
Serves 8Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
- 625g (1 lb 6oz) strawberries
- 3 limes, grated rind only
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) double cream
- 250 g (8 oz) low fat natural yogurt
- Extra small strawberries to decorate plus tiny biscuits, optional
- Puree 225 g (8 oz) of the strawberries then press through a sieve and reserve for decoration.
- Puree the remaining strawberries, sieve then mix the puree with the lime rind and honey.
- Add the water to a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the water so that the water absorbs all the powder.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes heat the bowl in a small saucepan of simmering water until it is a clear liquid.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft swirls.
- Fold in the yogurt, pureed strawberry and lime mix then the gelatine in a thin trickle.
- Pour into 8, 120 ml (4 fl oz) small liqueur glasses or coffee cups.
- Chill for 3-4 hours or until the mousses have set.
- Stir the reserved strawberry puree then pour a little over the top of each mousse.
- Decorate with tiny strawberries and serve with dainty biscuits, if liked.
- There will be loads of Spring berries from Spain around for Valentine’s ….
Recipe and photo credits- Seasonal Berries