Blackberry custard tarts..
Preparation Time: 30 mins including cooking time
Cooking Time: 8- 10mins
Serves: makes 8
- 1 x 270g ready made filo pastry
- 250ml Alpro soya custard
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g Blackberries
- 50g melted butter
- Oven temperatures in 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 5
- To make the filo pastry tart cases you will need a greased 8 hole muffin tray.
- Begin by laying out a sheet of filo pastry and brushing it with melted butter.
- Cut 4 squares a little bigger than the size of the holes in your tray.
- Over lap the squares rotating each time so you end up with a star shape.
- Lay over the top of the muffin tray and gently press into the hole.
- Repeat until you have 8 tart cases.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins before removing from the oven and allowing to cool for 5 mins.
- Mix the Alpro soya custard with the zest of an orange.
- Mix the cinnamon and icing sugar together and put to one side.
- Carefully remove the tart cases from the tin and place on a plate.
- Spoon the custard into each tart case and top with the blackberries.
- Finish with a dusting of cinnamon icing sugar.
Recipe and photo credit- Alpro soya