Chocolate Almond Brulee,,,
- 600ml Alpro soya dairy free alternative to chocolate milk
- 2 half tbsp instant custard powder
- 1-2 tbsp sugar to taste
- 2 tbsp Amaretto, optional
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- Blend custard powder with 2-3 tablespoons of the milk alternative to give a smooth paste.
- Gently heat the remaining milk and sugar until it reaches simmering point.
- Pour the milk onto the blended custard and stir well to mix.
- Return to the heat add the Amaretto and stir constantly until the custard thickens.
- Leave the custard to cool slightly.
- Place a few raspberries in the bottom of 4 shallow ramekin dishes.
- Pour the custard over the raspberries and smooth the surface.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the caster sugar over the custard and place under the grill unit the sugar is caramelised.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credits- Alpro soya