Welcome to Creative Mondays Blog Hop Week 2 :
This week I’ve been making and eating Banoffee Pie ….
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays week 2. Hosted by Clairejustineoxox
and the lovely Judy-H-JS Thoughts.
A place where you can link up all your fun and creative post each week.
This week I’ve not being feeling as healthy as last week and made this great and yummy Banoffee Pie.
This is the best homemade Banoffee Pie I have ever tasted.
This is very sweet and a little piece is just enough and a easy recipe you will want to make again and again….
My grandma was always a big fan of Nestle Carnation Condensed Milk and even in here 90’s she always use to make me the most amazing caramel shortbread….
To make the base:
- Process the biscuits until crushed.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½”) up the sides of the tin.
- Chill the base while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously.
- When the caramel has started to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the biscuit base.
- Cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
To serve :
- Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate.
- Slice the bananas, fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the caramel base.
- Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.
Not all of us like banana so we added ours after…
Want to share your posts with us? Little requests for the hop…
- Please link upto 5 creative post each week.Crafty? Sewing? Outfits? Recipes? Anything Creative!!
- Please follow your hosts.
- Try and visit a few post on the blog hop and leave a comment.
- Please link back to one of us at Creative Mondays or grab our blog hop button.
So one question this week…..
What has got you creative this week?
Creative Mondays Blog Hop Week 2 is now closed!