Flamed Strawberry and Chocolate Crepes…
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 20 strawberries chopped into quarters
- 2 x 125g pots Alpro soya chocolate dessert
- Splash of kirsch or brandy
- 2 eggs
- 115g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100ml water
- 100ml Alpro soya milk alternative
- 10g butter
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Whisk together the eggs, flour and salt.
- Then add the soya milk and water until you have a smooth batter mixture.
- Using a good nonstick frying pan, heat a knob of butter and pour in enough mixture to coat the pan so it makes a nice thin crepe.
- Loosen with a spatula and flip to cook on both sides.
- Continue to make 4 crepes.
- In another small frying pan add the strawberries and a splash of brandy or kirsch and cook for 30 seconds.
- To serve take a dessert spoon of the Alpro soya dessert and using the back of a spoon, smooth over the crepes, fold in half and then again into quarters.
- Continue with the rest of the crepes and top with the strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve two crepes per person.
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Alpro soya