Lemongrass broth with Norwegian cod and prawns…
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 red chilli
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup fish sauce, either nam pla or nuoc mam, a common Asian cooking sauce
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- 1-2 limes
- 100g of Norwegian prawns
- 150g of Norwegian cod, fillet into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 packet glass noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 10 spring onions
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- First crush the lemongrass with the back of the knife, slice chillies and roughly chop the coriander.
- Add all the chicken stock with fish sauce and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and set aside.
- Strain and boil again.
- Season with lime juice.
- Mix the cod in a bowl with a teaspoon of salt, grated ginger and chilli sauce.
- Let it marinate.
- Cook the glass noodles according to instructions of the package.
- Shred the carrots, cucumber and spring onion.
- Add the fish broth and bring the soup to a boil.
- Ready to serve.
Recipe and photo credit by – Norwegian Seafood