Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars…
These yummy oat bars are ideal healthy lunch box fillers for all the family! Full of fibre, they’ll help ward off the hunger pains all day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 100g plain flour
- 100g porridge oats
- 50g brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 50ml apple juice
For the Filling:
- 75g TOTAL 0% Greek Yoghurt
- 100g dried mixed berries
- 50g caster sugar
- 30g plain flour
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3.
- Line baking tray (approx. 24x18cm) with baking parchment (or use a non stick tray).
- Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, salt, bicarbonate soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix the butter, oil and apple juice together and fold in the flour and oat mix to form a moist and crumbly mix.
- Press three quarters of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and place the remaining mixture to one side.
- In a separate bowl mix together the berries, Greek yoghurt, sugar, flour and egg white.
- Spread the yoghurt mixture over the prepared base and then sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool completely in tray on a wire rack before slicing.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and honey for an extra special treat!
- 97 Calories
- 1.5g Protein
- 4g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 11g Carbohydrate
- 4.5g Sugar
- Trace of Salt
Recipe and photo credit by- Total Greek yoghurt