Mozzarella Treasure Hunt Salad…
- 300g selection of organic fresh crispy salad leaves – beetroot leaves, rocket and little gem
- 250g organic buffalo mozzarella ciliegine (small cherry-sized balls)
- 50g seedless red grapes
- 50g orange-fleshed melon
- Half ripe avocado
- 25g walnuts
- 25g pine kernels
- 1 parge slice sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp mostarda di frutta (an Italian condiment consisting of fruit preserved in a mustard-flavoured syrup)
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp freshly squeezed
- Lemon juice
- Half tsp honey
- Lightly toast the sourdough bread and cut into cubes
- Carefully fry the walnuts and pine kernels
- Then all you need to do is assemble your ingredients and scatter them through a generous helping of salad leaves.
- I prefer to assemble rather than toss the salad, as you can be a bit more precise and concentrate on the presentation.
- But in the end it’s your salad, so just enjoy it!
- Serve in lovely wide, white dishes with a simple dressing of the best-quality organic
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Why I Love Organic