Stuffed Peppers With Ricotta and Basil……
Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main course.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
Cals per portion: 108
Fat per portion: 4.5g
of which saturates per portion: 2g
- large vine tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large red peppers
- 150g ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- small handful basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3-6 sprays of Fry Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put the chopped tomatoes into a small pan with the wine and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until they become soft and pulpy.
- Sieve the tomato sauce and season.
- Meanwhile place the peppers under a grill and cook, turning until blistered and blackened all over.
- Put into a plastic bag and leave to cool.
- Carefully remove the skin.
- Cut each pepper into quarters lengthways removing the seeds.
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- Season the ricotta cheese with salt and pepper and mix in the basil.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and place at the narrow end of each pepper, place a scant teaspoon of chopped tomato on top.
- Roll up and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Spray each pepper 3 times with Fry Light, then put the dish into the oven to heat through for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are in the oven, gently re-heat the tomato sauce before serving with the stuffed peppers.
Serve with extra basil leaves to garnish.
Guest post Credits – FryLight