Say it with cookies, not just flowers 🙂
Love is in the air or soon will be!!
With only a month left until Valentines day I have this lovely recipe to share with you from Jordans….
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 10 -12 mins
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg
- 100g Jordans Super Berry Muesli
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Flour, for rolling
For the icing:
- 1 sachet dried egg white
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
- Food colours, of your choice
- Mix together the melted butter and egg.
- Then stir in the muesli, flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and milk.
- Use your hands to make the mixture into a dough.
- Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to roll out the dough, or if you prefer, roll the dough out between two sheets of baking parchment.
- Flour the cutters and cut out the letters.
- For the ‘O’, substitute a round cutter and a very small heart cutter, from a set.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/ fan 170°c/ Gas Mark 5.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- For the icing, mix together the icing sugar and egg white.
- Divide this up into 3 bowls, and colour each bowl with your chosen colours.
- Spoon the icing into your icing bags, and use straightaway or store until ready to use.
- When the biscuits are cool, spread over the base colour.
- Allow this to dry for 10 minutes, before piping on top of it, otherwise the icing will bleed into each other.
- Decorate with spots, stripes, squiggles or any other pattern.
Recipe and photo credits- Jordans Cereals