Pancakes with fruit coulis and Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Blackcurrant Ice Cream…
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g Flour
- 600ml milk
- 50g butter melted
- pinch of salt
- 150g strawberries/raspberries
- Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Blackcurrant Ice Cream
- few fresh mixed fruits
- Gently simmer 150g strawberries/raspberries until soft.
- Allow the mixture to cool and press into a sieve over a bowl to remove seeds and pulp.
- Leave in the fridge to completely cool.
- In a large mixing bowl or food processer, sieve the flour and salt together, add the eggs, then the sugar and milk.
- Beat together with the melted butter for a minute until the batter is thick enough to pour.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan and heat on a moderate flame.
- Use a ladle to pour out a little batter into the pan, and cook each pancake for about a minute on each side.
- Test your flipping skills, or alternatively use a spatula.
- Have ready a warm plate in the oven to place the finished pancakes to keep warm, dusting each with a little caster sugar.
- Drizzle the coulis over the pancakes and finish with a scoop of Kelly’s of Cornwall Clotted Cream and Blackcurrant Ice Cream and fruit.
Recipe and photo Credits- Kellys Of Cornwall