Salad of Grilled Tenderstem®, Peaches & Goats’ Cheese…
This simple salad is bursting with freshness and flavor. When it’s hot outside try using a barbeque instead of a griddle for a perfect alfresco dish!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 3 ripe peaches, stone removed and cut in quarters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 150g goats cheese log (we used Kidderton Ash), cut into 1cm slices
- Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- Crusty ciabatta, cut into slices
What to do:
- Pre heat a griddle pan until smoking hot – this will take about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Tenderstem® and peach quarters in the olive oil and season with a little freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Cook the Tenderstem® and peaches on the hot griddle for about 5 minutes, turning a few times, until they are just tender and marked with griddle-lines.
- Arrange the spinach leaves on a serving platter, top with the cooked Tenderstem® and peaches and add the goats cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves and dress with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately with plenty of crusty ciabatta to soak up the delicious juices.
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by–Tenderstem