The prefect breakfast in bed recipe! Surprise your Valentine with this easy yet impressive toastie, which is also delicious made with fruit bread.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
- 4 Viva strawberries
- 4 slices of brioche or white bread
- 1tbsp sugar
- 40g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
What to do:
- Slice the strawberries and add a sprinkle of sugar, crush them a little with a fork and set aside, leaving a couple of slices whole to decorate at the end.
- Switch on your toastie maker to warm up then butter the brioche with a thin layer of butter.
- Beat the remaining butter and sugar with the cinnamon.
- Put two piece of bread, butter side down, into the toastie maker.
- Spread the cinnamon butter on the exposed sides then top with slices of strawberry.
- If lots of juice has come out of the strawberries leave that behind in the .
- Put the two remaining pieces of brioche on top, butter side up and close the lid of the toastie maker.
- Once the toasties are done, remove them from the machine and cut each into two triangles. Leave them for a few minutes to cool a little then serve with the strawberry slices placed over the top.
- If you don’t have a toastie maker you can toast one side of each slice then spread with the cinnamon butter.
- Make the sandwich with the toasted bread facing in and turn it in a hot frying pan to brown the outside and warm through.
Guest Post Credits- Viva Strawberries