Super-easy, fast and handy for freezing, too.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 150g diced mixed seafood – your choice but raw works best
- 300ml fish stock
- I onion (finely diced)
- ½ leek (the green part, finely sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 large carrot (peeled & finely diced)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (chopped – tinned tomatoes also work well)
- 50g peas
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- A selection of chopped fresh herbs (choose from chives, chervil, dill and tarragon or even a bit of each)
- In a pot soften the onion, leek, garlic and carrot, before adding in the fish stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil then add in the tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 2 – 3 minutes and then add in the fish.
- Heat for another minute, and add in the peas and herbs just before you serve.
- A squeeze of lemon juice or a suggestion of Tabasco will add some extra zing.
- Enjoy with some lovely tiger bread for a warm and hearty lunch.
- Throw in a few shell-on mussels at the end to really add the wow factor – kids will love opening them up!
- See what other ingredients are lurking in your fridge – vegetables like fennel, celery and peppers will also work well.
Recipe and photo credit by- Fish Is The Dish