Healthy Food Guide blueberry muffins….
Prep 10 min
Cook 25 min
- 2 medium eggs
- 250ml jar apple sauce
- 5tbsp light olive oil
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 200g plain wholemeal flour
- 100g plain flour
- 3½tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 200g blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 1tsp icing sugar, sifted, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C/gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, apple sauce, olive oil, skimmed milk and vanilla extract or paste.
- Sift the flours, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and pour in the egg mixture.
- Add two-thirds of the blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and scatter with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 20–25 min, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then sprinkle with the icing sugar.