Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes. How sweet!? Hello friends. Are you planning on any Easter baking? How about making some super cute creamy cupcakes?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
How To Make Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes:
- 220g butter or margarine, room temperature
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten 25g Rachel’s low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 220g self-raising flour sifted
- 2 tbsp Rachel’s low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 250g icing sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 25g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes Method:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a cup cake or muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the flour and yogurt.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until half full.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and springy to touch or test using a skewer, if it comes away clean the cakes are ready.
- Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing.
- Begin by beating the butter and icing sugar until pale and well mixed, ideally using an electric mixer.
- Add the yogurt and continue to beat on medium to high speed until the icing is fluffy.
- The longer you beat the lighter the icing.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with a star piping nozzle.
- In a circular motion swirl the icing around each cake.
- Decorate with mini eggs.
Sat Fat 10.9g,
Cost per serving £0.15
Recipe and photo credits- Rachel’s
What do you think of these Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like: