Fancy making some Strawberryade?
An ideal idea for the children parties.
Refreshingly simple and easy to make.
Makes 1 litre (1 and 3/4 pints)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: overnight
How To Make Homemade Strawberryade:
What You Need:
- 250 g (9 oz) strawberries, hulled
- 3 lemons, scrubbed
- 75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 750 ml (11/4 pints) boiling water
- Crush the strawberries roughly with a potato masher or handheld wand mixer in a bowl.
- Pare the rind thinly from half the lemons with a vegetable peeler making sure to leave as much white pith behind as possible or this will the make the strawberryade bitter.
- Halve and squeeze the juice from all the lemons then mix into the strawberries with the sugar.
- Pour on the boiling water, stir well to mix then cover and leave to cool place. Transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Next day, strain if liked, and pour into a bottle, seal and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Use within 2 days.
- Serve undiluted with ice or mixed half and half with sparkling water for children.
Credits: Seasonal Berries